Saturday, February 9, 2008



I finally created my first piece of digital artwork today (I was beginning to worry I'd never get it). I made a collage last week using magazines, scissors, and glue which I scanned into the computer. I didn't have anyplace to save the dratted thing to so I had to start from scratch this week. Rather than beginning in the analog world I used pictures from a disc that John had given us when the class began. I created my collage from four different pictures. After selecting and arranging the different elements onto the canvas I used the paintbrush tool in Photoshop to alter the piece. I was happy with what I came out with, and am eager to get into Painter (I especially enjoyed the painting aspects of today).

2 comments:

Julie Bates said...

This turned out really beautiful... definitely a digital painting! Love the scrolly shape in the corner and how the humming bird is clearer- you'd think it would be fuzzy since they move so fast, so it creates a nice tension. Great work! julie

simplistic said...

yes, great sense of color! purple and yellow is always a killer combo :)